Video Production Business: How To Start Video Production Business
Video production business services consist of corporate videos, wedding and party videography, and some commercial work. While there is no limit to the types of projects done by any video production company, specializing in one area or another greatly helps marketing efforts.
Specializing allows you to create a brand that can later be expanded but becomes the bread-and-butter of your company revenue structure. Companies serving the community often maintain only one or two owner-employees who often do everything from marketing, production work to editing. Take this into consideration before starting a video production company.
What Is Video Production?
Video production is simply the process of creating a video. Whether it is a company overview, product demo, video blog, social video, or customer testimonial, video can help you increase brand awareness and generate new business leads.
No medium has the power to demonstrate a concept and evoke a response as effectively as video. Before you embark on a video project, there are some things you’ll need to consider.
Understanding The Video Production Process
The first step in the process of creating a video is all about preparation and setting the groundwork. During this phase, it’s essential to do the planning, research, problem-solving, and organization necessary to set your video project up to be successful. The pre-production phase includes:
- Video strategy/goals
- Budget, Cost, Scope
- Story selection
- Project timeline
- Script creation
- Production team/equipment needs
- Location Scouting
The production phase is where all the raw materials for your final video will be captured. If you have specific visions, ideas, or visuals that you want to be included in the final product, be sure that you have clearly communicated that with your producer during the production phase.
The production phase includes:
- Setting up the sound/lighting/video equipment
- Conducting interviews
- Recording voiceovers (if they are needed for your project)
- Capturing b-roll (extra footage that is used to support your story)
After the production phase is finalized, the producer and editor go to work. Your producer will carefully review all the footage and transcribe all of the interviews conducted. Then, they will assemble the story and the video editor does their magic to bring all the pieces together.
The post-production phase includes:
- Logging the interviews
- Producing the final story
- Music selection
- Video editing
- Final Delivery
Pros of Starting a Video Production Business
Along with being able to use your creativity every day in your business, the benefits of starting a video production business include:
- You can provide a full range of video services, including editing, producing, adding special effects, digitizing, etc.
- Your business can be home-based, or you can have a physical location.
- You can even offer a mobile service, going “on location” for clients, and completing editing projects from your home office.
- You can partner with videographers, photographers, and party planners for increased business.
- You can get started using the broad range of free editing software before “graduating” to the more professional options.
- The earning potential is high, once you become established.
Cons of Starting a Video Production Business
Some of the potential challenges of starting a video production business include:
- You need extensive skill and experience in all things related to video production.
- You need to purchase the necessary equipment, which can be very expensive.
- You will need a designated spot to store your equipment.
- Your business may be limited to your geographic area, so you will need to maximize local advertising.
- There may be a significant liability because you will be handling your clients’ original, potentially valuable videos.
Do not forget, Bumbu Agency Sdn Bhd provides the following services:
- Help manage marketing campaigns
- Provide consultations to grow the business
- Provides corporate video, montage, or 2D / 3D animation
- Produce graphic/video design
- Digital Advertising Services
Our company is very experienced in the industry and has a strong portfolio. Contact Mr. Umar at 0176026002 or Ms. Iza at 0108989188 for further inquiries. Email: [email protected]
Bumbu Agency is very active on social media, follow us!